cross-hatch cosmetic sketch

Ok, this seemed to have been beaten to death in this forum in the past... searching brought up a lot of info for pre-wildfire.

Problem is none of it works for me in WF4.

So I create a xhatched-cosmetic sketch on a flat part surface.

I go into the drawing. The xhatch doesn't show up. The outline of the sketch is there but no hatch.

Also, I can't "select" the cosmetic sketch in the drawing window to "edit" or "modify" the hatch settings. The only place I can select it is in the model tree and it only gives the options for "add dimensions" and junk.

What gives?

Reply to
Aggrevated

Ok, this seemed to have been beaten to death in this forum in the past... searching brought up a lot of info for pre-wildfire.

Problem is none of it works for me in WF4.

So I create a xhatched-cosmetic sketch on a flat part surface.

I go into the drawing. The xhatch doesn't show up. The outline of the sketch is there but no hatch.

Also, I can't "select" the cosmetic sketch in the drawing window to "edit" or "modify" the hatch settings. The only place I can select it is in the model tree and it only gives the options for "add dimensions" and junk.

What gives?

This could be the long standing problem of no way to adjust or scale the default spacing of the cross hatch IN THE MODEL. You can change it all day long in the drawing..... if you can select it. But about half the time, Pro/GOOFY, the prank module, makes the spacing so large that either one or none of the hatch lines appear. And, of course, the Catch-22 is that you can't select the hatch lines by selecting the cosmetic sketch. You actually have to pick the hatch lines themselves. So, when you're hovering over the cosmetic, you want the hatch, not the sketch, to prehighlight. The selection filter of X-Section might help to get the prehighlight/selection.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes