Flex board solutions?

Are there any solutions with-in the PTC product line that would be useful in the design of flex circuit boards. We currently dont have a sufficient way to create flex boards w/out using the paperdoll method. I have been interested if a PTC product could help solve this problem. We'd love to have a model that can represent the entire assembly from the housing all the way down to the electrical components on a flexboard. I have the thought of some like a projected surface on to a curved surface and it be able to be flattened out at in sheetmetal but for flexible circuit boards.

All thoughts and ideas and examples are appreciated.

ADAM

Reply to
Adam MRI Devices

Adam,

I would have thought creating the flexi-pcb as a spinal bend feature might be worth experimenting with for this.

Dave

Reply to
dakeb

Hi ADAM

I suggest that You use sheetmetal functionality to design the flex PCB. The rules for design of sheetmetal and flex PCBs are the same.

Just my two cents.

Kind regards

Joze

Reply to