Inspection Report

Can Pro/e Produce a report containing all the dimensions on a drawing? Regards JJ

Reply to
JJ

I don't believe so. Pro/REPORT will give you a listing of all the feature dimensions in a model, but drawing reports do not. Nor is there an Info menu that's suitable, nor anything else in Tools. I'm sure this is just another thing that PTC figured its rich clientele would buy Pro/TOOLKIT and hire a couple programmers to solve.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Would this idea be of any use - in Pro/Program save the design program and with a C/korn/bourn or M$ VBscript, extract all the lines in the program that has a = in it into another file. you'll see d0 = 0 d1=8. and so on within the program. mind you, you'll get some of the following as well.: SECTION NAME = PLACEMENT = LINEAR

Doing a quick look in a simple model (part) all the dimensions are in there. Now for an assembly...............................................

Reply to
Stu

As long as you're just parsing a file, I don't see why not. You'd get all the feature dims this way and, providing you knew what 'feature 23 d12' refered to, it could be of some use. The problem, in general, seems to me to be that such a table or text file isn't associative. Unless you can click in a cell and get something on screen to highlight, you don't know what anything in your table refers to. Maybe you could go through your model and give every dimension a meaningful variable name. But as to this suggestion and yours, Stu, it seemed to me that JJ was looking for something built in, already available. Not a weeklong project. The other problem is that a complete listing of model dims doesn't begin to replicate the dimensioning of a drawing which may have created dims, the dimensions of assemby features, annotations, etc. These would not come through even a complete listing of model/assembly dimensions.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes