Involute profile

Hi, Can anybody guide me in creating involute profile of a gear in proe? If any can mail me the write up that will be a lot helpful. Thanks, Shankar.

Reply to
Shankar Venkateswaran

Paul Salvador

You could try:

Doug

Reply to
Doug

Reply to
Shankar Venkateswaran

Yeah, the pics links seem to be broken.. anyhow, that is a old website.

..

Shankar Venkateswaran wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

The article from Gear Technology Magazine doesn't show the pictures, but the link to Pro/e Central is to a reformatted article where the pictures show alright, no worse than the ones from the original article.

: > > Doug : > >

Reply to
David Janes

Try

Ulises Diego
6/22/99 Gearing Technology. Good article, same one reformatted and cited on Pro/e Central. Shows how to make the involute profile as parametric. Yet another source for an article which has spread far and wide.

:

: The CAD Quest demonstration and formulas for the involute (unwiding the string) are simple, clear, brilliant. Nice mathematical foundation.

Don't think we need any more citations of these two articles, unless someone has done the insane and catalogued every website that carries them. Aberrant behavior is always interesting.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Thanks, That was helpful.