make a cone in sheet matel, then make a flat pattern

Is there a way to do this. I really could use the flat pattern on this. The cone is 30 degrees, 3" Dia, about 1.5" tall. with a 1/2" hole at the center.

Reply to
fm

I was able to do it creating a revolved wall 359.9 degrees around and then created a flat pattern by selecting one of the edges where the two ends meet.

Reply to
Jason L

Make a truncated cone as you describe. Go to 'Tools>Sheetmetal' and select to shell as the conversion method (you could do this manually with shell, but let the SM module do it for you). Then, in order to make a flat pattern, you have to rip it somewhere, put a break in it somewhere, so that it will 'unfold'.

Reply to
David Janes

Thanks fellows, I new there had to be a way.

Reply to
fm