Is ISDX Vapor-ware ?

I recently bought Pro-E "WildFire", the version sold the first quarter of 2005. The PTC salesperson promised a feature known as ISDX, interactive surface design or something like that. I am told that its features are accessible via the "style" pick on the "insert" menu.

So far, no dice. It's not working. Neither the VAR nor PTC sales have returned an email or a phone call about getting ISDX working on my machine.

The other features appear to work all right. I'm finishing the second run throught the cell-phone tutorial.

I'm curious why it is so difficult for PTC and the VAR to deliver on something so simple.

What are other people's experience with getting this feature to work ?

Thanks.

Reply to
wwswimming

I have a seat of ISDX and it works. It was bought separately, not part the bundles PTC is currently offering. This month's bundle is WF2 + Mechanica Structure and Thermal.

Sounds like some sort of licensing problem. I would contact PTC Customer Care and see if they can figure it out for you. The salesman is going to be out of his league on this one. If you're in the US, it is 1-877-ASK-4PTC

Regards

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

quarter

second

Reply to
peterdouglas

I'd guess you didn't install the ISDX module. Check Help to see if it's listed under Tech Support Info. I've only done a couple of installs (the last about a year ago) and would bet that somewhere along the line you'll have to explicitly specify you want to install.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

This sounds like a licencing issue. There is no additional software to install for ISDX, it gets installed with ProE. Check your licence by running (using start:run) the ptcsetup utility located in the /bin directory of your ProE install. Click next to get to the licence server page and expand the + sign by the name of the server. Look in the list and you should see 'Interactive_Surface_Design' with a grey key symbol next to it. If it's not there the get on to PTC and/or your reseller and get a new licence cut.

We've had no problems with seats of ISDX that we've sold here in the UK.

Regards,

Rod Giles Elite Consulting Ltd. UK PTC Reseller

Reply to
Rod Giles