Pro-E wildfire on RedHat Linux?

Dear all,

I are going to survey Pro-E wildfire version on RedHat Linux platform. Does anyone has any experience which version would be best? Does it need to patch it after OS cdrom was installed? Thanks!

Best regards,

Y.H.Chen

Reply to
Yh Chen

I use Debian unstable with ease, no patching necessary.

Wildfire is built using a set of libraries that need to be installed on your machine prior to installing, these are most probably already installed during a default install. (openmotif2, glib2 etc)

However, when one strays from the redhat path like I did with debian onee needs to look very hard for debian packages for openmotif2, since debian has issues with its licensing (debian is very strict in being totally free software), obviously, redhat thinks differently.

wzzl

Reply to
stinky wizzleteet