mechanism problem

hi ! i am jitendra saini final yr student of me. engg. plz tell me full form of PRO/ENGINEER. I want to rotate wheel on tha railway track. (just like

railway wheels ) which conection i have to make and wheather i have to put any motor or any force. bi!

Reply to
jiten

Does "full form of Pro/Engineer" translate into American?

Umm hmm, you push the earth backwards and the train forwards: inertial mass of earth wins out over that of train, so train goes forward, umm hmm, I get it.

Well, you asked about "connection" and in the subject, you mentioned Mechanism, so you're looking in the right place. What do you think is the right kind of connection? I'd say it's the "pin" type: you are trying to eliminate degrees of freedom while still allowing the wheel to turn (axial connection), but not slide side to slide (planar connection) and that is the definition of the pin connection.

Nothing goes without definition of what's driving the movement; of course you need to define a MOTOR, or rather, the properties of motion. And you create this on your pin connection. Aren't they teaching you ANYTHING at that place where you're getting your degree? They ought to be teaching you the software. Do they think that the first company they dump you on is going to teach you!?! Unh unh, that company's gonna want you to walk in the door knowing something useful ~ at very least, the software. Plus, how to make things.

Good luck, bro! I'd be shittin' my pants by now, I was you. You're a Senior? Really?!?!? Fuck, man, you are SO screwed.... And you are just NOW leaning Mechanisms!?! Damn, just go on to get your Masters!!!

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

I think the west is safe from the onslaught of "well-trained" Indian engineers for at least a few more years ;-)

Reply to
ms

Scary thought, but, yeah. I never guessed that there'd be some statistical inevitability, in a country that size, of the existence of a Doofus U. Maybe jitendrasaini will let us in on what second rate organization is giving him such a third rate education. I'd honestly be surprised if he (I'm assuming) were in India. Maybe "he"'s here already and going to an American university.

Anyway, the question is too broad, too general, too unfocused to be dealt with in detail, that is, without writing a book. Which I'm not doing without a $25000 advance.

How far'd you get, jitendra? figure out what a connection is? what kind of a connection would be good to make a wheel? what did you learn, where'd you get stuck, what did you try, what worked, what didn't? You gotta contribute something to this discussion besides/beyond that illiterate drivel you started with. (BTW, is it true that engineering majors score high on the math/science portion of the SATs and low on the language/communicaton competency portion? If true, could that have something to do with our difficulty here?) Jitendra, you may have an "out" yet, though, in truth, you expect better of your tutors here.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Sorry ms, your tongue is showing.

Just shows how scared deep inside you are of Indians. The sarcasm is just a mask :). We Indians are not bothered. Amen!

- Sanjay Kulkarni (India).

---------

ms wrote:

Reply to
SanganakSakha

I'm not afraid of Indians. Pakistanis maybe--they're a little more free-wheeling with their nukes.

I was just making an observation. On this and many other Usenet groups, chat boards, and Internet sites one finds many Indian "engineers" or engineering students in their final year at the university who ask the most basic questions. It really is astounding to me that they have such a lack of understanding of the fundamentals of engineering and they go to the Internet expecting others to solve their problems. If you go to

and read Jack Ganssle's article, your eyes may be opened to the relatively unsophisticated state of engineering education in that part of the world. Take it how you will.
?articleID=192700673

Reply to
ms

Careful on this: since the standard for "freewheeling" ought to be the extreme, it is worth pointing out that neither country has used a nuke. It is also worth remembering that we live in the only contry that has.

?articleID=192700673>

Interesting article, thanks for suggesting we read it. However, it says NOTHING about the state of engineering education in India. It says only this: 1) The training of Indian engineeris hasn't kept up with the expanding economy; 2) as a result, they're looking abroad for help, including in the US; 3) we should be doing more, here, to be competetive, including improving engineering education. This doesn't really sound like whatever point you were making, ms, which was what, exactly? That we don't have to worry about training people here because we're sending the manufacturing abroad? That we don't even have to worry about training engineers here because we're sending design/engineering abroad, as well, to keep it close to the manufacturing?

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes