Merge Drawings problem-"internal data structures too large"

We regularly use the 'duplicate' feature within an Intralink (3.4) workspace to duplicate and rename drawing and any associated parts. Many assemblies are very similar so this provides an easy start point for a design with some of the work being done for free.

We also use the 'merge' drawings feature within Proe (2001) to merge two or more drawings together.

We are increasingly getting an error message 'Cannot merge, internal data structures would be too large' when attempting to merge drawings together and it seems related to the drawings we have previously duplicated.

Has anybody else had this issue and if so, how did you manage to resolve it. Is there any way to cleanse or purge a drawing of any excess 'baggage'?

Hope this all makes sense,

Anthony

Reply to
AB