Newbie has 2 quick questions

How do you change the color of dimensions in ProE Wildfire? Also, how do you copy a part from one directory to another? My book says to copy/paste but I have yet to get that to work.

Reply to
Pedro Smith

If you mean the color of dimensions in part mode (select a feature, RMB Edit), this is controlled by 'View>Display settings>System colors'. On the Graphics page, click on the color panel for Letter. Use the sliders or color wheel to create the desired color. You may want to use this color as your default. In that case, you must take a couple more steps. First, at the top of the System colors interface, there is a menu item called 'File'. Use this to save your color selections in a file called syscol.scl, preferably in your start up directory (where Pro/e normally logs to when you start). Last step: open the config.pro file ('Tools>Options'), find the option called 'System_colors_file' and set it to the syscol.scl file you just created. You can use Browse, under the value input line to do this.

Also, how : do you copy a part from one directory to another? My book says to : copy/paste but I have yet to get that to work.

There is no such animal in Pro/e. You have to be in the Windows Explorer or a directory window of the operating system. 'Copy/paste' are system commands with no application to, recognition of or support from, Pro/e. Remember, this is the program with the obscure commands in the file menu called 'Erase>Not displayed' and 'Backup'. If you are on a Windows system, remember, Pro/e is not a Windows application. Commands shown in your book that look like Windows commands probably are.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes