persistent &todays_date in drawings

Hi all, in a drawing I would like to add a note stating todays date, I mean, tomorrow it will state tomorrow's date a.s.o.

Is this possible ?

wzzl

Reply to
none

No and Yes No Pro doesn't offer this type of functionality However, you could create a mapkey that re-enters &todays_date There was another method I saw that imported the &todays_date via an external method but I belive that only worked one sheet at a time. Maybe you could create the date as a parameter and modify it manually which should update multiple sheets at once.

This is a feature that half the people would like and the other half like it the way it is.

Reply to
bob smith

: "none" wrote : Hi all, : in a drawing I would like to add a note stating todays date, I mean, : tomorrow it will state tomorrow's date a.s.o. :

I'm not clear on how you want to do this. You say a note in a drawing, but the typical place to put the note parameter &todays_date is in a format. That would also make your problem somewhat simpler. If you didn't place the format until you wanted it to show the date, it would have to contain today's date. If you wanted to change the date, you could remove the format and place it again, which IIRC, will update the note parameters that pick up information from the system. I'm not sure about the precise details about how to replace the format, but it seems to me that if you go to 'File>Page setup', click on the existing format, it should give you a list of available ones plus a Browse button. If you go to Browse, pick the format you want and hit OK, it should re-place the format. It might take a couple steps, though. That's what I'm not certain about, like unchecking the box for show format, saving it, then placing the format with Browse.

I'd agree, though, that if you are just putting in the drawing, your choice is limited to erasing and recreating the note to make it update. It is an interesting idea, to have two date parameters ~ todays_date_fixed and todays_date_system.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes