Is it possible to make a note with automatic update date?

Greetings:

I would like to make a preliminary with a date note (for instance PRELIMINARY YY/MM/DD) on a drawing in such a way that every time I open it up; it will put todays date. Is this possible? I try to make a note PRELIMINARY &DATE but it doesn't work.

Thanks for your time and help.

John

Reply to
njchen24
&DATE is not a valid parameter. Try &todays_date, I think. If you use Intralink, look in the parameters for some system parameters with dates. I had to set my own parameter to a system one in order to extract just the year from.
Reply to
Ben Loosli

&todays_date (lower case) is the system parameter which picks up the current date and puts it in a note. If you do this in a drawing, it picks up the date and enters it, in the note, as text ~ as fixed as text. To make it, in some sense, variable, you must put &todays_date in a format table, where it is preserved as a parameter and not converted to the string literal equivalent. But even in a format, it is, to some extent, fixed. To pick up a new date, you must remove the format or change to a different one and then place your format (C, D, E) from disk. As stored in the drawing or as brought into memory brings with it the old value for &todays_date. If you change from C to D, this forces it to read anew from the disk. Now the old C is purged from memory so reading C from disk gets you the virgin, new &todays_date value. Most cumbersome and definitely NOT automatic.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes