Pro Mechanica - Motion ?

Does anybody use it, any suggestions for where to start/good resources ??

Automotive suspension modelling is my end goal..

-- Cheers

Bill

Reply to
Bill McBride

Oooo... well you know that PTC really doesn't sell Motion anymore. It's gone off the website. The new tools are MDX and MDO. I haven't seen the list of what MDO can't do that Motion can yet. But I do believe it's getting shorter.

I used to use Motion a lot. Maybe you could find one of the old printed books? Might be able to coax Rand or PTC to do a course, if you've got a few users.

Still, I think there used to be a verification Motion model of a suspension on an old CD. Wonder where that went?

-Dan

Reply to
meld_b

It was actually the apparent ability to model auto tyres and hopefully non-linear damping that I was looking at. My thought was that MDX looked like it was trying to replace or integrate motion more closely to the normal modelling environment.

-- Cheers

Reply to
Bill McBride