ProE tip

Guys,

I have come across a useful little function in ProE from the prouser group..

If you set the hidden config.pro option:-

enable_component_interfaces yes

then in part mode you pick from the menu:-

setup/comp interface

and you can pre-select the way a component is inserted into an assembly.

For instance, if it is a screw, you can select the mating surface under the head for a 'mate' placement and the shaft of the screw for an 'insert' placement.

This means when you place the component it can be auto-assembled as mate/insert and you only have to pick the assembly references (it works just like the Adv Util/Repeat function).

This would be very useful when you are placing a very small component in a large assembly and you don't want to use the tiny window to select the component references.

Regards,

Dave

Reply to
dakeb

Thanks, Dave, for the tip. We don't get enough of them. I meant to get back to you earlier, guess I got distracted by losing another job (back to hunting for design jobs in southern California). I'm looking forward to an opportunity to try it. Hope PTC keeps it.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

David,

I'm sure a man of your talents will get fixed up quickly.

May I suggest using the prouser.org email exploder if you don't already?

There is one called 'network' which is for job postings. there are some in California. Are you near Menlo Park? You might want to post your cv.

Good Luck!

Regards,

Dave

Reply to
dakeb

are hiring mechanical CAD people in San Diego.

Hope this helps!

Reply to
dakeb

Dave,

What version of Pro/E are you using? I'm on WF2.0 and "enable_component_interfaces" is not a config.pro option.

Thanks, Mark

Reply to
Mark Gustafson

[...]

Mark,

I don't have WF2.0 and hidden options are sometimes dropped in future releases. Remember, as it is 'hidden' it won't show up in the config.pro drop-down list, you have to type it in handraulically.

Dave

Reply to
dakeb

Dave,

Thanks, I neglected to fully understand the term "hidden option". I did not state that you were incorrect, only that this particular option did not appear on the drop down list or during a search in the config.pro. I'll enter it "handraulically" (good one) and see how I make out.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Gustafson