Re: about interfacing fanuc oim enabled cnc with pro/e

Cliff,
Not too sure about that (without an extra co$$$$$t module). I know UG, and Catia do.
Seems a little too "open" for PTC, (given their predatory businees
philosophy)
Mark
wrote:

the

So does Pro/NC and has for at least a decade. In the Tools or Applications menu is a little utility function called G-POST. With it you can write machine/controller tailored post processors. It asks a series of questions (or did, last I looked) about the controller, how the machine operates, the machining envelope, lots of questions. Anyway, writing the post processor, getting the answers right, is the hard part, not getting the software to do it with.
--
David Janes

Gpost has a macro language called FIl, which allows specific tailoring to custom commands and the like. It is built into gpost as well.
-