Re: Pro Mechanica Surfaces

Matt - What version are you on? If you are in the good old independent version I would either use Edit/Project to slide a curve onto a surface... (but then you have to find a way to select the faces of the elements) Minimal messing with geometry but a pain to select. some time with groups could help. The other old way was to delete the surface and reform it with the surface you want to load as a hole with it's own surface. Works great, unless your geometry is tough to reconnect either at the surface or volume level.

If you are us> >

>>Hello, >> >>I'm doing an analysis using Pro Mechanica. >> >>I want to apply a distributed load over a circular portion of a part. chop >>Thanks for any help you can give me, >> >>-Matt >>

snip

You are not telling what version of Pro/Mechanica you are using so I > presume you are using > WildFire. > > You can find this under 'Model' -> 'Features' > > You can creating a surface region compare with creating a cut/slot but > here no material is removed > only some kind of surface splitting is done. > > Best regards, > > John Bijnens >
Reply to
meld_b