Re: Problem with exporting tools from ProE to Vericut

Check if tools share the same id. They should have different ones to be imported into vericut correctly. Hope this helps Marco

"cadmaniac" ha scritto nel messaggio news:bdure0$697$ snipped-for-privacy@atlantis.news.tpi.pl...

Hi, > > I have problem with exporting tools from ProE to Vericut. It means, that > when I click NC-CHECK option in menu, choose NCL file and click DONE Vericut > starts, but there is only one tool imported from ProE, the one appropriate > to chosen operation. Other tools defined in Tools Setup aren't exported. It > means I have problem with verifying all operations in Vericut. That problem > occures in some datacodes of ProE 2001 and Wildfire (and maybe older). I > will be very grateful for any help. > > Tom > > > >
Reply to
powernews.libero.it

No. They have different ids. As I wrote the problem occures only in some datacodes of ProE. When I open the same files in some of them everything is OK, but in others it's not.

Thanks for your reply.

Tom

U¿ytkownik "powernews.libero.it" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:FrGMa.141853$ snipped-for-privacy@twister1.libero.it...

Reply to
cadmaniac

We as a company have standardised on 2001490. We have problems with vericut when using solid tools, in that vericut makes its best guess a creates its own, normally incorrect.

Also, this might sound stupid but are you making an NCL file for the whole operation or just that sequence, if the latter is correct then vericut will only import the tool for that sequence.

The other option is to define a library of tools in vericut thru the tool manage then make sure the tool numbers in pro match that in your library.

hope this helps

Dav

Reply to
Dav

Sorry, but I haven't used solid tools too often, so I don't know anything about your problem.

I ment the first case. So ProE should export all tools.

That may be a solution. Maybe not the best one, but good enough. Thanks for that hint.

cadmaniac

Reply to
cadmaniac

For solid tools, (and parameter tools) Vericut uses the parameters supplied in the part file (CUTTER_DIAM, LENGTH) to generate the tool shape. For sketch tools, Vericut revolves the sketch.

We've had no problem exporting solid tools to Vericut; not having a lot of luck with tool/holder assemblies in Wildfire, though.

Regards

Reply to
Pete

Vericut creates the geometry of a solid tool from the parameters embedded within the tool model (CUTTER_DIAM, NO_OF_TEETH, LENGTH, etc), not the appearance of the tool solid. This is also true for parameter tools.

Vericut uses the profile sketch of sketch tools to generate the shape.

If the parameters in the solid part file are accurate, you should get a good tool. We've export solid tools to Vericut all the time. I am encountering problems in Wildfire with the new export tool/holder assembly functionality.

Regards

Reply to
Pete