Sketching a spline

Morning All,

You know me, I only pop in when I have a question to ask. I must stop doing that...

I'm sketching a spline and it may have either points along the spline and/or an angle dimension at an end point. If I delete one of these, sometimes, but not always, the spline stays exactly where it is. I can tick off the sketch and finish the feature and it's still there in a shape that is not truly defined by the points and dims of the sketch. How do I get it to update?

Reply to
gra_factor

I'd suggest, for a spline through a bunch of points, you create the points first as a point table, which will let you create the spline through the whole array later. If you also need the ends to be tangential to something, it gets a bit harder: I suggest you create short curves estcending from where the ends will be, to define the end tangency, then use the end vertices of these curves as the beginnings and ends of the spline. You'll be able to make the spline tangent to them then, but you'll have to pick the intermediate points one at a time.

You can 'use edge' this in a feature later.

Reply to
John Wade

Do you have the intent manager on or off?

Reply to
shaun

Intent Manager is on. It's also 2001, we haven't moved to WF yet because most of our clients haven't.

John, I get your suggestion, I often find I need to create curves thru points but this was a case where a planar sketched curve was what I needed. It was actually sketched and projected onto surfaces. I was hoping there was a way you regen the sketch or force it somehow to follow its new parameters.

Reply to
gra_factor

Did you try placing sketch points and dimensioning to them? If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas.

Reply to
John Wade

No I didn't, but I don't think it matters how the points in the curve are constrained. If I delete the point the shape of the curve should change and it doesn't. Note that it does change when I add a point and move it around.

Reply to
gra_factor