SW or Inventor or Wildfire?

Need to evaluate again for a new employer. Anyone have recent experience and can point out some strengths / weaknesses of each as they pertain to machine design? I have about 4 years on SW, he has 1 seat of Inventor but has not had time to learn & is still running Mechanical Desktop. Thanks

Reply to
bob.szotko

If you're speccing a CAD system, don't start with only half the options available. Catia is gaining a lot of ground.

Reply to
John Wade

If I tasked someone with spec'n a CAD system and caught 'em "consulting" internet forums I'd give 'em a broom and find someone else for the job ... palmist or preacher, maybe.

Take a look at Alibre and Solid Edge, too. `;^)

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Find out what his customers & suppliers use. Iterroperability is more important than the increasingly trivial differences between systems

Reply to
John Wade