SW Books

Anyone suggest some good SW books. I have been doing SW for about 3 years. I am lookin to learn some more about design tables.

I am new to the forum so any tips would help.

Thanks,

Reply to
thestew

Well, I've got a book, which is finally in stock, which covers most SW topics. Check it out at

You can also get free stuff on my website, like user group presentations.

Go to the User Groups link on the left.

Good luck,

Matt

Reply to
matt

Matt,

Oddly ironic that this request comes on the heals of your grand release, Matt? ;)

Matt

fcsuper

Yeah, I know, it looks like a cheesy set up, but I didn't do it. If I were going to be self promoting, I just do it blatantly, and come right out and say "buy my stuff". I debated replying because either way it was going to look like I did it, especially since it was right before my response to another thread. It's a tough thing to not look cheesy no matter what you do when you suddenly have something to sell. Maybe people will remember that for the last 10 years I've given away a lot of stuff on this newsgroup too.

Reply to
matt

Hey, you wrote it, stand up & hawk it to the world! Don't be ashamed! Here, repeat after me - "Hey, I just wrote an excellent book on the subject. Check it out and buy it if it looks good." Now, don't you feel better?? :-)

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I agree with Wayne,

Be VERY cheesy, Let the world know! Blog everything that moves, lol

This will ensure that every solidworks user will be, not just good, but great at their job! That's good isn't it?

:)

Reply to
pete

Thanks, for the tip. I will go check it out. Did you really write the book? That is awsome..

Reply to
thestew

Yeah, I really wrote the book. That or I blacked out for 5 months. Anyway, I hope you like it.

Reply to
matt

Nice work. I wonder if we can get SolidWorks to send us a copy for our measly $1,300 maintenance fee now that we don't get printed manuals?

Reply to
Chris Dubea

Matt, my copy of the SW bible is in transit from Amazon and I'm looking forward to using it. I've always found your advice interesting and frequently helpful. I wish my co-workers would get interested in learning more than the bare minimum. It's hard to get them to even check the help files, let alone get a reference book on SW. After seven years I'm getting tired of answering questions on how to cut a hole near a bend line and explaining the difference between flatten and unfold/fold.

Aside from that, the books by the Planchards that I used on drawings and assemblies (2003 version) have been great. Others are worthwhile going thru as well; you can always pick up another helpful tip and best practices info.

Diego

Reply to
Diego