weak dimensions visibility

does anyone know how to lighten up the weak dims in wf & wf2? can't hardly see them.

Thanks

Reply to
selmra

: wrote : does anyone know how to lighten up the weak dims in wf & wf2? can't : hardly see them. : 'View>Display Settings>System Colors' It might be 'Highlight - Secondary' that controls the weak dim color. You'll have to play with it. But if you want to be bold and unconventional, set the background color to white, adjust other colors to contrast, check the 'Blended background' box which does this for modelling but puts you in a black (and a few other colors) on white environment for drawings. Ya know, like the Windows world favors and human history since the cave painters has affirmed. Pro/e black background is just a lame, 80s attempt to imitate AutoCAD. Get over it, already!!! Nobody winces and acts shocked and horrified in Word, Excel, PageMaker, Adobe whatever when they see black on white, lines on paper. Why do they do it in Pro/e!?! It made sense when monitors were crappy and a white background was a 150W spotlight in your face. But we're going toward LCDs which are very kind, contrasty without being overpoweringly bright.

Anyway, Selma, do what pleases you, ignore the carping, kneejerk, traditionalist critics. Yeah, I know that's bold, even when it comes to something as innocuous as screen colors, but I'd swear we were back in the 50s. I just know that I see things more clearly and I see things others complain that they can't see. (Yes, viewing the exact, same file, but, with MY screen colors different from THEIR black backgrounds.) The shorcut to achieving this is to go to 'Scheme' on the Menu bar and pick 'Black on White', then adjust from there.

If you want, I'll email you the system colors file I use (syscol.scl). BTW, after you get your screen colors set the way you want them, Pro/e makes you jump through two more hoops. Pro/e is not a Windows program, no Registry is involved in this. NOTHING IS SAVED AUTOMATICALLY. You have to go to the top, and do a 'File>Save'. Put it likely in the 'Start in' directory. Then, from within Pro/e, do 'Tools>Options' and set the system_colors_file option by browsing to your syscol.scl file.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Secondary' that

imitate AutoCAD.

'Scheme' on the Menu

(syscol.scl). BTW, after

involved in this.

David,

I would very much like a copy of your system colors file. I've just set my colors to black on white and so far I like it very much. I figure you've done the grunt work ofchanging any necessary colors. I, as yet, don't know what needs changing.

thanks

Reply to
selmra