decimal places in parameters

i have mass parameters calculated as follows:
/*
/* CALCULATE THE MASS_* VALUES
/*
mass_kg = mp_mass("")
mass_lb = mass_kg /
.4536
/*
/* END MASS_* RELATIONS
they result in 2 decimal place numbers. how do i change the number of
decimal places shown?
thanks
Reply to
selmra
: wrote : i have mass parameters calculated as follows: : : /* : /* CALCULATE THE MASS_* VALUES : /* : mass_kg = mp_mass("") : mass_lb = mass_kg / .4536 : /* : /* END MASS_* RELATIONS : : : they result in 2 decimal place numbers. how do i change the number of : decimal places shown? : Write the parameter in a note as &mass_kg[.2] The decimal point and number in brackets tells Pro/e how many decimal places to display. Don't remember if it truncates or rounds.
David Janes
Reply to
David Janes
: wrote : this doesn't change the display of a model tree column displaying the : parameter : (I don't think!) : Yeah, Pro/e's goofy that way. It assumes that, if you'd wanted the parameter to change, you'd have changed the model in some way that would have effected the mass. So, do what it wants (or something like it, such as) suppress a feature and resume it. This should cause a recalc of mass in your relation, and so, in the drawing note that uses that parameter.
If this doesn't work, I've got another method that's less goofy.
David Janes
Reply to
David Janes

Site Timeline