Decimal in drawings

Hi,

I would like to know how I can change the number of decimal of the dimensions on an existing drawing? I know that I can change them individually but I would like to change all the dimensions at the same time. I'm using WF2. Thanks for your help.

Pablo

Reply to
Pablo

Format, decimal places, enter in the number of places , left click and hold, then drag a selection box over your entire sheet to select all of the dimensions.

Reply to
<michael_berthold

Is there an option to that I can add to the config.pro or other configuration file so I do not have to do this for every sheet. Thanks.

Reply to
Pablo

I don't really know the answer to your specific question, but a tip on using Help:

.Go to Help / Global Search. .Select the Funcamentals and Detail functional groups (or whatever is appropriate). .Search for "decimal places" (with the quotation marks so it searches for the exact phrase). ."Setting the Decimal Places and Trailing Zeros" should get you there. Look for default_dec_places which is a config option that, I think, actually sets the value for models and that carries thru to the drawing unless you override it. (?) I'm not very familiar with setting up the drawing environment so could be wrong. It's, at least, semi-complicated. Look also for the dtl option lead_trail_zeros (?)

Also when searching for options put an "_" before or after something that sounds like it might be applicable; such as "_dec" (no quotes).

There's a pdf document on PTC's site that lists all config options for WF2 (can also be searched, but believe it's just an extract of what's in help). Don't know of any additional documentation for dtl options.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

In config.pro, set default_dec_places 1

Reply to
Ben Loosli

I think default decimalplaces will be controled by .dtl files which is available in draw setup

Reply to
prasath

default_dec_places is a config.pro option and controls model and drawing dimensions.

Have you seen a dtl option that affects or overrides the value?

Reply to
Jeff Howard