Wildfire 1: how to find the pre-selection box

I'm trying to assemble a part and now it's not pre-selecting anything and I can't pick to choose any surfaces or datums for constraining.

What am I doing wrong? Is the dashboard supposed to be displayed at this point or is that for feature operations only?

Reply to
Mike Singer

You should see the Component Placement window, as before. An initial constraint, of the type Automatic, ought to be in the Constraints window and an selection information box opens that says 'Select an item' with buttons labelled OK and Cancel. But, only if this Select box is present, meaning you are expected to select something, will anything prehighlight. After you've selected something, the Contraint References section appears with the arrow buttons that let you pick between items to select and lists what has been selected on which component. So, if it's not highlighting anything, it's because there's no constraint in the constraints type box or because the 'Select' box isn't present. If you get stuck, just hit the green plus to add a constraint. Or the red minus to get rid of what's there, then the green plus to start over. If the Contraint References section is showing, you can click on one of the selection arrows to get the Select box back.

No, sorry, no Dashboard in assembly, maybe Wildfire 3 or Sloburn 6 or BarelyGlowingEmber 13, who knows when the transition will be over, or how long they can drag it out. Maybe at some point they'll just give up and say it's done, leaving us with another hodge-podge of an "interface". (Oopps, there I go again)

Reply to
David Janes