Subject Author Posted Replies

dc motor control for a balancing platform (segway)
I have just bought an arduino microcontroller and as one of my first projekts I would like to make a small self balancing platform like segway (but tiny one). There is a dc motorcontroller add on to...
9
9

The first-ever video advertisement will be published in a traditional paper magazine in September.
The audio quality as heard via NPR, is terrible. But it is the first step to Harry Potter style news papers.
3
3

find a paper about CMAC:Cerebellar Model Articulation Controllers
I am optimalizing the learning of CMAC(Cerebellar Model articulation Controller). I found a paper ---Edgar An, P.C., Miller, W.T., Parks, P.C., Design Improvements in Associative Memories for...

Homebrew "touch" (flex) sensors (N&V June 2009)
Did anyone else notice John Iovine's article "How to Make Bi-Directional Flex Sensors" in the June issue of Nuts & Volts magazine? While resistive flex sensors have been available for several years,...
4
4

Toolfitting in Path planning (manipulator)
Dear all, I am currently working on a 4 degree of freedom robot that has to move in cartesian motion, thus requiring me to firgure out its inverse kinematics. Being a 4DOF robot working it cannot...
3
3

Smiley Micros and NerdKits ...
As a software guy, lurking on the periphery of the robotics hobby, I've taken a liking to AVR type processors, and I've decided to learn a bit about hardware, circuits, control and such ... In...
6
6

pointer to replacement forum ...
As the flow of useful traffic in this newsgroup seems to have been reduced to a trickle, can someone point to the web based forums which are active in this area? I believe during the SPORGE attack,...
11
11

Sharing the World Book 4 free!
NEWS RELEASE; released for Immediate Publication Largo Florida- The free radio book website ( ) is about getting you the information you need. You do not need to spend a lot of money to enjoy a radio...

The Grand Solution
-- the AI Mind in Forth -- is based on the principle that thought generates language. As associative spikes travel from concept to concept on the linguistic superstructure tracks the spreading...
2
2

Electro-Magnetic Pulse
This guy was on C-span Books today. Fascinating concept, It is Semi Fiction. EMP is real, the story is fiction, set 1 second after a nuclear device sends out an electro-magnetic pulse....and the world...

Missing GOOGLE Group?
Anybody here know WHY they deactivated the Communications Units group on Google?
1
1

AI Standards Reminder - 2009 July
A new overview on Standards in Artificial Intelligence has been published as part of Google Code MindForth AI at links to previous versions and to the new of OpenCog AI coding standards. These...
2
2

Interesting Coincidence: Last night's thoughts = Today's news! (Robotics)
While this may not be the most Fortean thing that ever happened, it IS a pretty interesting coincidence. It is not the first time I have thought about this, nor the first time anyone else has thought...
1
1

Human-Robot Following using UWB Tags
That's quite old but only today I uploaded it to YouTube: here is a short technical report: U. http://www.ie.bgu.ac.il/kartoun/site/kartoun/Uri_Kartoun_Human_Robot_Following_2005.pdf
1
1

Iowa Robotics Club
The Iowa Robotics Club will be hoding its initial organization meeting on July 9th, 7:00 PM CDT at the West Des Moines Public Library. Her is a link to the meeting: attend if you have any interest in...
1
1