Subject Author Posted Replies

New italian tool IDE with graphic simulator
hello Roberto
1
1

Reconfiguring Yaskawa Drive for Position Control?
I have a number of Yaskawa SGDA "-S" (speed/torque) control drives. I'd like to use them for position control if I could. What are the real differences between the -S and -P drives? Can they be...

low-cost programmable servo controller?
I'm looking for a small, low-cost programmable robot controller with 4 servo outputs. Ideally, something based on an Atmel chip, but that's not a firm requirement. Pololu's Baby Orangutan controller...
19
19

Creating and manipulating coordinate systems
I'm looking for a generic algorithm for creating a new XYZRxRyRz coordinate system within a larger "World" coordinate system, by finding points on the edges of the new coordinate system. I *think* I...
1
1

Hardinge HNC Retrofit, The rough plan/idea. Comments & suggestions sought.
Ok. I have picked up a Hardinge HNC lathe for "free". I will put some pics up soon. Downside is that it got stripped down, ballscrews are gone, lots of parts missing, ... :-( The plan: -use Mach 3 +...
15
15

NASA Posts Panorama To Celebrate Rover's 1,000th Martian Day
MEDIA RELATIONS OFFICE JET PROPULSION LABORATORY CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION PASADENA, CALIF. 91109 TELEPHONE (818) 354-5011 Webster 818-354-6278...

Pressure sensor help
Hello everyone, I am looking for a preesure sensor to measure the in vivo growth pressure. My background is medical so i don't know anything about electronics (SORRY). The sensor is going to be...
6
6

help ,ImageIO
Hi, I'm dynamiclly creating image files through screenshot utility of java(prog name:- Test_ScreenShot.java) and saving them in memory sequentially( I'm accessing the saved files from another...

Advice needed in building robot
Hi I wonder if anyone has any ideas or advice about building a pole-climbing robot. I'm doing some research for my MSc and have very little experience in robot building. The requirements are listed...
10
10

Drilled solder paste stencils
Guys, if you're like me and find soldering SMDs to be a royal PITA and with the cost of laser cut stencils through the roof, then here's a tip to drill your own stencils. You'll probably need a CNC...
13
13

WANTED: Digital brushless servo drives
Looking for a number of digital (step and direction control) brushless servo drives in good working condition. Looking for the following sizes: 400W, 750W, 1KW, 1.5KW, 2KW, 3.4KW and 5KW or larger....
5
5

During Solar Conjunction, Mars Spacecraft Will Be on Autopilot
Solar Conjunction, Mars Spacecraft Will Be on Autopilot Jet Propulsion Laboratory October 20, 2006 Every day for the past decade, the U.S. has had a presence at Mars, using spacecraft to understand...

Wireless network quality monitoring
Hiey, Which wireless network cards should I use in my notebook and in my PC104+ computer stack (both are going to run either QNX or Linux or WinXP) so that I can monitor the SNR -signal to noise...
1
1

Several job openings at the Intelligent Autonomous Systems/Vision groups at TUM
Image Understanding/Intelligent Autonomous Systems (VISION/IAS) Department of Informatics (CS9) Technische Universitaet Muenchen/Munich University of Technology (TUM) (Cognition for Technical Systems)...

DARPA Grand Challenge will be on UK TV.
A UK TV channel, BBC 2, will show a Horizon programme with the title "The Great Robot Race". Its about 20 robot cars racing across the Nevada desert. It will be on Tuesday 31st October, at 9 pm. --...
2
2