Subject Author Posted Replies

Help Please - Pololu Controller - Mirror Project Continued
Hi all. You may remember us from a discussion a while back concerning building a large mechanical mirror (Subject = Linear Motion Control- Servo?) Anyway we have come a bit closer, but not much . We...
2
2

How many manufacturers?
Does anybody here have a good idea of how many manufacturers there are now who sell 1/10th or larger scale offroad RC cars/trucks that could be converted to autonomous robotic applications? Use as an...
3
3

Query regarding Real Time Motion Tracking
Hi, I'm developing a project in Java. The problem is :- In a steel plant steel blocks are generated one by one and they go through a platform on by one continuously. There is a fixed camera ,watching...
5
5

Opto interrupter wheel
Here's a discovery yet to be confirmed with further experimentation, but worth mentioning anyway. It seems raw fibreglass PCB material is translucent or transparent to infra red at the frequency used...
3
3

hi i m making a robotic arm
hi i m a pre final year engineering student i m making a robotic hand and to drive the dc motor of 5v and which can go upto 500ma i need a driver circuit. I tried the H bridge circuit but there was...
2
2

AC Servo Winch
I have in my mind a concept for a piece of theatrical scenery which needs to fly up and down about 30', and be positioned repeatably to the resolution of about 1". The piece weighs less than 30...
19
19

stupid little robots
Howdy, Following on from the behavior based robotics discussion, it seems clear why a researcher into artificial intelligence might view robotics as a distraction, even irrelevant. If the main topic...
20
20

DragonCon?
Is anyone planning to watch the robot battles at dragoncon this weekend in atlanta? ( for more info) I'll definitely be there, and at dragoncon all weekend.... :) The robotics track looks pretty...
1
1

the Fish and the Robot
This is a spin-off from the "where is BBR AI now" thread, related to my afternoon in the park experience. After work, I went downtown and happened to spot a fish in the water while crossing the bridge...
37
37

simple, cheap, wired controller?
I'm looking for a simple hand-held tethered controller that has two levers, each of which controls one line of voltage. Each voltages will be fed, on the other end, through a DC motor, thus providing...
4
4

[ANNOUNCE] RoboRealm supports Lego Mindstorm
RoboRealm now supports the Lego Mindstorm interface. Using an inexpensive usb webcam and the PC you already have you can now add vision to your Lego projects! See for an example of how to do this....
7
7

stackable plastic boxes as robot body?
I stumbled across this stackable plastic storage box today: It occurs to me that this (or several of these, stacked up and bolted together) might make a convenient body for a robot project I've been...
4
4

DC MOTOR with 150:1 gear ratio on Ebay
Motors are listed at Please look at item 170023254315 DC motor with attached Gearbox 150:1 ratio. Permanent magnet. You are bidding for ONE motor. These neat little motors were removed from hospital...
1
1

Opitical Mouse for tracking robotic movement
Hello all. I have been working on a robot project with a group of friends and we have encountered a slight problem in making the robot move properly. We decided to use stepper motors as the drive...
5
5

geeks.com specialing out "boe-bot"
I wasn't actually shopping for robot parts, but I see has the boe-bot robot kit (boe=Board of Education) for $59, in case anyone is interested: (ObDisclaimer: I don't work for I've never played with...
8
8