DragonCon?

Is anyone planning to watch the robot battles at dragoncon this weekend in atlanta?

for more info)

I'll definitely be there, and at dragoncon all weekend.... :)

The robotics track looks pretty interesting.

ttyl,

--buddy

Reply to
Buddy Smith

I checked it out yesterday. Not of much use to me except for the Walk of Fame, where I saw some tv/movie stars - most of which seemed very gracious and genuine. The robotics track didn't look that outstanding to me ... but I am very critical. Didn't see any bot battles, but I'm sure that would have been fun. You had to criss-cross between about 4 different hotels, each of which had several different floors for various workshops, etc. I prefer a bigger convention center like World Congress Center, etc.

I almost ran into (General Hammond) Don Davis (literally) on my way out when he was arriving at the hotel. Other faces I saw there were Kevin Sorbo (Andromeda). I just missed Brandy Ledford (Doyle from Andromeda) --- damn! Summer Glau (River Tam) from Serenity was there and is drop dead gorgeous! Saw 2 of the original Catwoman stars, George Romero, etc. ... and a whole bunch of goth cultish comic art celebs that I have no idea who they were . If you're into that stuff then this show is probably a blast.

There were quite a few fans in full blown Star Gate SG1 & Star Wars costumes. Saw a pretty good C3P0 costume. Including the actor who played him in the movies. Also the actors who played Chewbaca & Darth Vader. Those were all in the Walk of Fame. The rest of the place was dedicated to D&G type stuff, anime, funly goth art & music. I'll probably try again next year but on a Saturday and I will register online. The walk-up registration line took almost an hour, and that was on Friday afternoon. I'll bet Saturday is a nightmare ! Guess I'm just an old fuddy duddy!

Jest my 1.5 cents worth ! JCD

Reply to
pogo