Advantech PCI-1710 and QuickBasic

Hi All,
I have an Advantech PCI-1710 DAS card that I am trying to get going on a WiN98 machine using QuickBasic 4.5. However, I have yet to capture
a single useful A/D reading and I was *hoping* that someone out there may of done something similar.
I know that the card is operating correctly and that I have the right address offset, as the GUI that ships with the card has verified it (along with the operation of the card) However, when I run my quackbasic program I get nothing but zero-valued outputs. Can anyone please direct me to a webpage or tutorial that has an example of setting up the cards various configuration registers?
Any help would be appreciated...