Camera on RS232 =? Micro-USB module + WebCam

Hi,
I recently saw a Micro-USB module on Dontronics's web site (http://www.dontronics.com/micro-usb.html). Appearently it convert RS232 to
USB and vice versa.
Would it possible (how) to use this Micro-USB module con connect and an off-the shelf USB webcam to a micro controller such as ATMega or PIC? (I do not need high speed or high resolution images)

No. Because Micro-USB module and a webcamera are both USB devices, and you would need a USB host.
Vadim

Does anyone make a USB host module? I couldn't find one the last time I looked.
--
sig goes here

Kouso Wieaka wrote:

Take a look at the CMUcam, it already outputs serial and may fit your needs. http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~cmucam/
I've not used this product, but it resembles some designed-in-house camera boards I've used that worked rather nicely.
Later, Daniel

The STV0680B chip from ST that is used in numerous cheapo webcams has an RS232 interface, although not for tethered video. You may have to dismantle a webcam and add a RS232 driver.
Wim