contest entries needed ! get iRobot Roomba Create + Sub SPOT kit

These guys need some more kids to fill up the remain spots in their contest: http://www.wintrisstech.org/contest.html
The cost for registration is $250. Each successful registrant will receive a
Roomba Create and a Sun Microsystems SPOT controller upon receipt of the registration fee; a value far in excess of $250.
Good luck ! JCD http://www.amazingrobotics.com
Cost is now $450
message

They mentioned that there is a refundable $450 deposit for actually entering the team. I think the $250 is for registration. The $450 is supposed to be refunded when the team shows up. But it is not at ALL clear in the rules posted online, I agree. Where did you get your info ?
Thanks! JCD