Roomba in Shop?

We keep the shop very clean but I'm looking for an easier way to collect dust bunnies and small "stuff" that the guys miss when sweeping. I don't
want to go to a manual vacuum. I was thinking of using a roomba device nightly. Any thoughts?
We don't get metal ships or anything on the floor where this would be used, only general dust and sometimes small pieces of cardboard and paper, etc.
V8013-R

Unless you're planning on running it only at night, a Roomba can be a tripping hazard, and should not be used in traffic areas.
How about wall scuppers so that dustpan work becomes unnecessary?
LLoyd

At night only...
Can't because of the way the furniture / machines are arranged in the area we are talking about. The Roomba fits under the stuff whereas the workers don't. :)
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

The traditional approach is to wet-mop the floors nightly. The big noodle mops can reach under anything that a Roomba can. A wet mop is far more effective in depressing the dust inventory than any vacuum cleaner.
Joe Gwinn

For lack of a better way to describe our situation, I think we might be too lazy to do that when it comes to cleaning... But you are right, that is the best way.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

But my favorite is still the Woomba, an SNL parody which appeared several years ago when the first Roombas hit the market.
If you missed it I put the video here:
http://members.aol.com/jeffwkrp/woomba.wmv
Jeff (Who is keying this in his office about a mile away from the Irobot corporation's headquarters in Burlington, Taxachusetts.)
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

And isn't Amy Pohler, who appears that skit, from Burlington?
That reminded me of this recent SNL bit... http://video.aol.com/partner/hulu/saturday-night-live-annuale/ezdbcaONyiv41js1Z2VXNeb0P0VewzpB
--
Ned Simmons

Ned Simmons wrote:

Yep....And there's TWO "e"s in her name.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0688132 /

http://video.aol.com/partner/hulu/saturday-night-live-annuale/ezdbcaONyiv41js1Z2VXNeb0P0VewzpB
Saw that one recently...
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Most excellent, sir. Har! I miss SNL, but _not_ TV.
http://tinyurl.com/37gth4 One for the newly-homeless folks!
-- Those who flee temptation generally leave a forwarding address. -- Lane Olinghouse
On Fri, 02 May 2008 07:21:02 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> volleyed:>How about wall scuppers so that dustpan work becomes unnecessary?

The neighbours might start to get pissed about that :-)
Mark Rand RTFM

I *just* saw they came out with a heavy-duty shop roomba.
Dave
Joe AutoDrill wrote:

How many square feet? Perhaps multiple 'Dirt Dogs' are necessary.
http://www.irobot.com/sp.cfm?pageid'2
My Dirt Dog fills up quickly just in a 20' x 20' gar.. shop space.
I really like pressing the 'on' button and leaving for the morning. When I get back, the floor is much cleaner and the robot is charging itself. It does a much better job than I do. Wouldn't be without it.
--Winston