Devantech SRF04 Ultrasonic Ranger - connector

Does anyone know if there's a decent "standard" connector for the Devantech SRF04 Ultrasonic Ranger, or do folks generally just solder wires directly onto the board?

TIA,

-Pete.

Pete Gray

We've done it both ways. We have just soldered to them. We also have installed the .1" breakable Samtech headers, then used a regular .1" slide on single row.

Problem with connectorizing them, is where do you go with the connector? If you go out the front, the wires may get in front of the ranger. If you go out the back, it's very hard to mount. You have to slot the mounting plate, and that's a tough cut. Just my observations.

Reply to
Randy M. Dumse

I myself, prefer to solder the wires onto the SR-04 sensor from the rear. Then I put a connector on the other end to plug into the PCB. It's easy to mount the sensor to something that way. If you put in a .100" connector strip on the sensor, then you have problems mounting the sensor as you have to make a cut out for the connector to clear the mount. But on aone robot I built, using a connector isn't all that bad, as I can glue the connector to the robot and then plug the sensor into the connector. That makes the sensor more portable, as you can easily remove it if needed. So I guess it depends on how you want ot use or mount it.

Reply to
Earl Bollinger