Do you recognize this robotic dog?

This is kind of a long shot, but I am sure there are a lot of cultured and intelligent people here... Anyway, I know I've seen pictures of this doggy
before, and I seem to recall it as an art piece from the late 70's. Do you recognize this? If so, the current owner is offering a reward on info on its history.
http://ase.tufts.edu/cogstud/~ddennett.htm
bc wrote:

I don't know about the 70's , but it certainly looks a lot like the robot dog Goddard from the kids TV show Jimmy Neutron.