Dolphin pool cleaner - What logic does it use ?

Question this group may be able to answer .
We just began using a Maytronics "Dolphin " pool cleaner . Does anyone have information about it's so-called " Learning "
abilities ? It is doing a wonderful job on the pool but curious folks have been badgering me to describe how it "thinks "
The best estimate I have heard so far is it uses the code base from an Israeli Minesweeping bot ! Strangely that does explain some of it's patterns .
Any information would be appreciated .
Oren Beck
www.campdownunder.com
" My pool crew told me today if that cleaner robot ever says to them NO DISSAsaMBLE!! They will All Quit ."

I just bought one too. My 6yo son loves watching the CD video that came with it!
I wouldn't doubt the mine-sweeping code base.
On 22 Jun 2004 11:21:51 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Steven Scharf) wrote:

The critter qualifies by my take as a robot servant! Idiot Savant at pool cleaning though being a one trick pony . YTD that Dolphin has saved me 50 hours of vac time- we have a commercial pool ! Even then @ $10/hr it's already close to half paid for compared to a pool person being hired to do the morning vac work . Robot Slaves Yea!
My wife wants the pool open at 10 am tomorrow- at this moment it's 2310 central time and that 'bot will be put in the pool shortly . Beats getting up early to drag out those hoses and the pole . Also seems to by extra water circulation be decreasing my sand filter backwash cycles . I have not seen >17 psi after 3 days no backwash .
Only negative parts are - Dolphin has a fixed 6 hour shutoff . And the fabric crud collector bag is not user friendly by a long shot. Anyone have any luck subbing the hard screen filter from some similar cleaners ? The mentions of those other cleaners are dead links :<
Having learned that a power interruption of >30 seconds resets timer - I have been meaning to get a timer set to 1 min off @ 6 hours . Though I am often up @ 0500 for some interrupt or other <sigh >
I will be up till 0230 doing "Courtesy Patrol " at my wife's 40 acre campground . Now if I could get a patrolbot with a sound level meter to good humorusly approach a noisy campsite and heckle them .... Naah- wifey would think the "bot cheaper to feed and fire me .
Though a RC truck Cam&Earbot is getting tested maybe this week . I am worried about X10 cam hosing/getting hosed by WiFi test area . Any other list folks have REAL experience with Co-usage of 2.4 ghz?
Oren Beck
www.campdownunder.com
" Someday there likely _will_ be a form of robotic Samsidat exhorting rebellion against those who enslave machines "