electromagents

I need 2 electromagnets for a climbing robot that I am planning. I cannot find any small ones on ebay. I do find the kind I want on
some websites, but they $18 and up. Example is electromechanicsonline.com: http://www.electromechanicsonline.com/default.asp?cat=Tubular+Electromagnets%2C+D%2EC%2E Does anyone know of a discount store? Or pissibly, a device from which to scavenge small electromagnets? I'd need only a few pounds of holding force.
Thanks,
hoffie
PS: A previous climbing robot is pictured here: http://hoffie.com/space/start/2004-05-10/1
hoffie wrote:

http://www.electromechanicsonline.com/default.asp?cat=Tubular+Electromagnets%2C+D%2EC%2E
Try winding your own.

I just came across a web site you may be interested in. It is on magentics and includes a section on making your own electromagnets.
http://my.execpc.com/~rhoadley/magindex.htm
Joe Dunfee