HC11 question

Hi all,
I am very new to robotics. I came across this processor HC11 and would like to know how it is usually interfaced with a PC??
Thank you!

Hello Terry,
the HC11 has a serial interface that can be connected to a PC RS232 serial port through a level converter such as the MAX232. This allows you to load software into RAM or (indirectly) into the flash memory, and/or to communicate with running programs.
Although there are other ways to interface to the HC11, e.g. through the synchronous serial bus, or through one of the ports on the HC11 to a special interface on the side of the PC, I find the serial arrangement the most convenient. Please let me know if you need more info. Good luck with your projects!
Peter
writes:

You can find HC11 information at the Motorola SPS (now spun off as Freescale) website. Direct link:
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/taxonomy.jsp?nodeId 624684498635
Simon.
Microsoft: The Standard Oil Company of the 21st century