HC11 question

Hi all,

I am very new to robotics. I came across this processor HC11 and would like to know how it is usually interfaced with a PC??

Thank you!

Reply to
Terry

Hello Terry,

the HC11 has a serial interface that can be connected to a PC RS232 serial port through a level converter such as the MAX232. This allows you to load software into RAM or (indirectly) into the flash memory, and/or to communicate with running programs.

Although there are other ways to interface to the HC11, e.g. through the synchronous serial bus, or through one of the ports on the HC11 to a special interface on the side of the PC, I find the serial arrangement the most convenient. Please let me know if you need more info. Good luck with your projects!

Peter

Reply to
Peter Baltus

You can find HC11 information at the Motorola SPS (now spun off as Freescale) website. Direct link:

Simon.

Reply to
Simon Clubley