Help with MC3479P

Hi
I was wondering if anyone has ever worked with these stepper controller chips. If so, I was wondering if you had any links or could show me how to
properly wire it up that would be great. Im not sure what to do about the bias pin. I am trying to control stepper motors via a pc printer port which I have an interface is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Justin
Hi,
A friend and I built a Paintball robot 2 years ago and we used that exact chip for rotating a small stepper for our laser scanner.
I don't have much information except for the final schematic.
Check out my development page at http://robotics.no-ip.org The robot in question is "Xtreme Overkill" under the "My robots" heading. Then check the "Hardware" section for the laser scanner schematic.
Hope it helps,
If you have any questions please email me.
Stephane Gauthier (remove .ns from my email before replying)
Justin Hiltz wrote:

Hello,
I have already been over 2 data sheets that Ive found on this chip. Also I have been to every site that google lists with mc3479 in it. Im ok with electronincs but those data sheets are useless to me because I have no idea what half of the stuff is. Ive got most of the problems fixed now by using something from several different sites but I still have a problem with the chip becomming very hot very quickly. Im using 12v to power it which is well within the limits on the data sheet.
Justin