HERO on eBay

You are bidding on a Hero Robot. The front of the case is marked "Heathkit Educational Systems: ETW-18". This machine appears to have all the original innards, except the battery. The arm and the hand are damaged; I tried to show more in the pictures.

This Hero has evidently seen some action. It is being sold AS-IS. The unit seems mostly intact although; the hand is broken, the case is a little loose on snapping together, three of the buttons are snapped off. I have never powered it up- It requires a battery (not included). There are circuit boards on each of the sides (underneath the gray snap-on covers). The circuit boards seem to be in good condition; overall the unit seems to be in fair condition. The hand and arm are the most obvious casualties. The circuit boards seem OK, there may be a dangling connection here and there, and possibly a broken component. Please see the pictures for the damage to the arm and hand. I'm sure this worked at one time, but it's possibly only good for parts/cannibalizing.

Also included:

17v charger Teaching pendant Serial Interface manual - I don't think the serial interface is included in this machine BASIC - Manual. Memory Expansion Manual. I have no reason to believe this unit actually has the memory expansion installed. Schematics (1 sheet) for some of the circuit boards for the robot.
Reply to
Doc