How long for AVR Studio to program ATMega32

How long should it take to program half an ATMega32 using AVR Studio ISP? Mine takes a little over two minutes. Is this normal?

Mitch Berkson

Reply to
Mitch Berkson

So no one can tell me whether it takes closer to four minutes or ten seconds to program an ATMega32?

Mitch Berkson

Reply to
Mitch Berkson

When I do in-circuit programming with SP12

it usually takes closer to 10 seconds to fully program an ATMega32. I try to stay away from the commercial programmers, as they're usually overpriced.

Reply to
Chris S.

I haven't timed it, but I've got a project which I am prototyping on the STK500, using an ATmega32L, and it takes significantly less than one minute to program the entire chip. That is serial programming mode, with the chip on the STK500 board (not really ISP, but should be the same speed).

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

Thanks. I reprogrammed the STK500 and now the programming time is much more reasonable.

Mitch

Reply to
Mitch Berkson