Looking for projects which use JStamp

Hey All--
I'm evaluating the JStamp for use in a course here at my university. I will be running through the course projects (lighting LEDs,
debouncing/demultiplexing keypad input, operating motors and servos, etc.) on a JStamp, but I'd also like to see some other examples of a JStamp in action, particularly those that highlight the increased productivity achieved by using Java for complex projects.
Can anybody point me towards projects which show of the power of using a JStamp versus a 6811, AVR, etc?
Thanks!
Mark
--
|\/| /| |2 |<
mehaase(at)sas(dot)upenn(dot)edu

Try contacting D. Jay Newman .He uses them and wrote an article in the latest servo mag on hacking a rc tank to use one as a controller http://www.servomagazine.com/contentFrame/contentFrame.php?file=PIMPMyTank.txt
His web site http://enerd.ws/robots /
Alex
Alex Gibson wrote:

Thanks. However, I haven't used one in a while due to family problems. I haven't had the time.
I did have an article in the May issue of Circuit Cellar and the August issue of SERVO about the JStik.
I think that the JStamp's main advantage over the other chips in its price range is the large memory.
Also, I *really* like Java. :)
On the other hand, most other microcontrollers have perhipherals like ADCs and such. -- D. Jay Newman

Hi Jay,
I've only started playing around with my JStamp. But I did notice that it seems there is no ADC. What about PWM? The output pins apparently can only be switched at 1ms resolution.
Another problem I've been facing: my professor is considering using the JSDS as a platform to teach students about microcontrollers. We've been using the Technological Art's Adapt11C24DX, which has a 50-pin header which plugs directly into a solderless breadboard. With the JSDS, I'm not sure how to breakout the I/O pins to a breadboard. By using the 50x2 header? Or just connecting individual I/O pins straight off the board with jumper pins?
Thanks, Mark
--
mehaase(at)sas(dot)upenn(dot)edu
Mark Haase wrote:

Look at the port E pins and the PianoRoll object. I haven't done this, but there are timers and such that can be used easy.

I've never tried to use a JSDS. Actually I don't even know what it is.
You can use the JStamp on a solderless breadboard, but you'll need to build a cable to connect to the JTag interface. -- D. Jay Newman