Man makes Robotic (remote control) Snowplow

I just saw an associated press article about a Middleberg, Pennsylvania man who made a remote control snow plow. It was made from
a converted 4 horsepower electric golf cart, by attaching the plow. He says it can do 6 to 8 inches of snow.
Joe Dunfee

I just saw a post on DPRG about the same thing. Pretty neat idea, and in the line of telepresence again.
Can you give a reference to the AP article?
-- Randy M. Dumse www.newmicros.com Caution: Objects in mirror are more confused than they appear

A telepresence robotic platform for exploration (checking out the neighbor's garage), environmental manipulation (pushing trashcans down the stairs) and recreation (world- class indoor robot racing). I've often thought this would be a great boon to someone confined to bed or otherwise immobile.
The vehicle:
<http://www.geology.smu.edu/~dpa-www/robo/camcar/index.html>
Manipulating the environment (pushing a trashcan down the stairs and running away)
<http://www.geology.smu.edu/~dpa-www/robo/camcar/camcar_short.mpg>
World-record setting indoor robot racing:
<http://www.geology.smu.edu/~dpa-www/robo/camcar/ camcar_worldrecord.mpg>
cheers, dpa
Here is the link. I didn't post it before, because I didn't know how long the link would be valid;
http://ap.lancasteronline.com/4/robot_plow
Joe Dunfee

Just how loud an event was that? And why didn't anyone come to see it?
I've started working on a wheelchair to make a base for a telepresence robotics. I intende to teach/take classes remotely and drive it into classrooms. First discovery, a set of batteries for wheelchairs is $240 at Sam's. Oh. A bit more than I'd expected. So already repairs have exceeded cost of chair to restore. Suggests a few extra hundred on the initial purchase to ensure you start with a working chair isn't a pretty good idea. We'll see.
Watching your video gives me a new system requirment. I guess I'll need a finger to be able to push the elevator button to return to upper levels should I take the same trip as the trashcan.
-- Randy M. Dumse www.newmicros.com Caution: Objects in mirror are more confused than they appear

2am...
I found I could communicate with humans even without an audio link because the camera can pan up-and-down and back-and-forth much like nodding it's "head" yes and shaking it "no."
So the robot can stand by a heavy door or the elevator or whatever and "make eye contact" with people passing by (i.e. follow them with the camera) and they will usually open the door, push the elevator button, or whatever, with a bit of prompting by way of nodding and head shaking to get the right one.
However, once inside the elevator, the TV/radio link goes away.
cheers, dpa