Hornby Remote Control

Can anyone tell me when the Hornby radio (27MHz) remote control was current, I refer to the X4667/8 combination. I cannot find any
reference to it in the Hornby paperasse.
Peter A Monatrlot
"Peter Abraham" wrote

It wasn't very clever and I think it's use is now restricted to some trainsets sold by the retail multiples (Toys R Us and the like).
John.
On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 14:19:57 +0100, "John Turner"

Cheers John -- The one which has come into my custody does work but by design is limited to 9V. This enables me to shunt light engines from a rather obscure site!