Mark III remote controlled?

I am looking for a nice little PICmicro based robot for fun and learning. At the moment I am looking at the very need Mark III. Is it possible to extend this robot with remote controlled steering (not IR)?

Thanks, Teis

Reply to
Teis Draiby

I don't know why not. There are plenty of open i/o lines even on a fully stocked (2 servo, 3 line sensors, 2 distance sensors). I've thought of using the guts from a cheap radio controlled car for steering but haven't had the need.

Reply to
kyle york

----- Original Message ----- From: "kyle york" Newsgroups: comp.robotics.misc Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 12:57 AM Subject: Re: Mark III remote controlled?

Thank you! Meanwhile I've seen I2C described some places. I'm not quite sure what it is; could that be useful for remote control and does the Mark III support that? (I wasn't able to dertermine that from the web site).

Regards, Teis

Reply to
Teis Draiby

I2C is fully supported by both the PIC & OOPIC versions. It's described in AN735 on Microchip's site. It's basically an IC to IC serial protocol. The MarkIII uses it if you get the optional 32Kbyte EEPROM, the expansion card, or some of the 3rd party controllers (like the Devantech motor controller).

Sample code can be found here:

I2C basics:

EEPROM:

Reply to