Master slave following without an encoder (6K4)

I am using a Parker Hannefin 6K4 driving 2 Mitsubishi Servos (which act as steppers to the 6K) on the X and Y axis without an encoders.

I am using Master/Slave following to take laser readings synchronized with either the X or Y axis. I am noticing a lag between the measurement and the XY position that corresponds to the acceleration and deceleration of the axis

My question is: If I added rotary encoders feedback from the motor shafts to the 6K would the 6K take this into consideration when sending the Trigger/ Slave pulses ?

Rephrased : The question is really about how the 6K manages the sending of Master/ Slave pulses ?? Does it take into consideration encoders feedback when it send the pulses ?

Thanks for any help on this

Reply to
doctordoodad