Servo System Best Practices / Lessons Learned?

Is there a best practices or design guidelines document/book/article/
etc. that covers things like positioning / min / max distance between
controller, drives and motors, shielding and grounding - in other
words the real practical hands on problems in building a multi-axis
servo system? Seems to be a wealth of vendor neutral descriptions
about servo loops, tuning axis (individual components) and the like
but very little on practical lessons of full systems. Is each
application really that unique?
-Matthew
Reply to
Matthew
The manuals for Galil controllers are helpful in this regard. They go into issues like separation between the encoder and power wiring.
John Nagle
Matthew wrote:
Reply to
John Nagle
Will take a look there. I went through their online tutorials but didn't see anything that seemed to address these sorts of issues. Also ran across a 7 page doc from AMC that was covered good wiring practices in a largely vendor neutral way. It is at
other links out there?
Reply to
Matthew
You have to have ur hands on the specific
hardware to do anything / learn . ----------------- I do ARM . Everything they told me DID
NOT FUNCTION , so i had to study it
and invent my own , much faster , easier
methods . I have $3000 in CPU's MCU's and potential pocket controllers . I will give my work free , ASAP . The Software is the biggest thrill . No C/C++ , no more assemblers , no Linux , no M$ ....much faster ..
Reply to
werty
Sounds to me like it's going to be the kind of info in the rules and regulations a fair bit. Check out your local (be they national, state, district, etc) rules and you should find a fair amount of info on what should go where, shielding, positioning, etc
Dave
Reply to
Dave