math and gears

I need some information that will help to build a robot arm, I need some help on calculating the gearing so that a joint can hold up the rest of the arm and not damage the servos. Also calculate the type of servos/motors need torque wise to move the setup.

I am hoping there is some math that I can adopt?

many thanks

Andi

Reply to
Andrew Crook

Click here for basic gear training.

I need some information that will help to build a robot arm, I need some

Reply to
John Nagle

thanks

thats a good source of info!