1 month ago
Automatic Guided Vehicles can be used for variety of tasks, and each category has its own application. Therefore, it is vital to understand your requirements and warehouse infrastructure before making a decision.
1. Materials Movement
*Benefits of Automatic Guided Vehicles*
Automatic guided vehicles are now significant driving forces behind the future success of warehouses, distribution and fulfillment centers. Other sectors are also beginning to experience the transformational benefits associated with automatic guided vehicles.
You can benefit in many ways with automatic guided vehicles and automation, such as:
1. The ability to scale up or reduce capacity to meet peaks and troughs in demand increases productivity.
2. Reduced repetitive tasks for workers and associated fatigue and injury.
3. Technology that can easily adapt to a constantly changing warehouse or distribution center.
4. Reduced hardware costs and maintenance fees for an excellent return on investment.
5. Workers that are able to focus on more complex tasks or dedicate their time to customer services.
6. Workflows and processes can become more efficient and productive.
7. Manual tasks that take up the majority of workers’ time, for example transporting and delivering material within the warehouse, can be done by robotics.
Automatic guided vehicles can deliver significant value to your warehouse operations, and some of these robots, such as warehousing AGV, are simple to deploy and don’t require major infrastructural changes.