Point tracking on live video

For an automation experiment I need to track 4 points on video frames.
Imagine a camera looking at a book like rectangular object held by a person.
This person will move the book on vertical and horizontal directions. Motion may have some tilt as well. What I want to to do is find tha corners of the object and track and log their positions on each frame.
I would like to do this on a live video (15-25 frames/sec, 640x480 or 1024x768 resolution) of firewire or USB camera attached to a Linux (or Windows) PC. Is there any opensource freeware SW for this ?
Thanks for help.
something like this?
http://www.ptgrey.com/products/compass3D/index.html
-howy

THANK YOU.. Spot On!.. Yes, that is almost identical to my application. That is what I'm looking. BUT I'm trying to find a freeware opensource code. Do you know one?

I wrote a script in MATLAB that finds the corners of a sheet of paper for a computer vision homework assignment. It relies on the paper having significant contrast with the background, though. I can you send you the source code if you want it. It uses and edge filter and a hough transform.
--
|\/| /| |2 |<
mehaase(at)sas(dot)upenn(dot)edu
On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 02:33:25 +1000, Yugo Ho wrote:

Take a look at openCV. It includes several examples that demonstrate tracking. If your book like object can have a checkerboard pasted on the front then opencv has a function that will probably do exactly what you need.
www.intel.com/research/mrl/research/opencv/
Yugo Ho wrote:

There is a very nice series of articles on robotic vision in SERVO magazine, written by the creator of MAVIS, the vision system used on the LEAF robots.
http://www.leafproject.org/ -- D. Jay Newman http://enerd.ws/robots /
Yugo Ho wrote:

Intel's "Open Source Computer Vision Library" http://www.intel.com/technology/computing/opencv/index.htm
One of their detection samples is real-time face tracking.
Later, Daniel