Advice on points motors

Due to the relentless expansion of The Dormouse Line Mk2 I've got some additional points that need motorising and because of one thing or another I'll probably have to surface mount the motors.

Can anyone suggest an available motor with a low height profile? I'm hoping to mount 4 under some platforms, possible?

Also I've read that some motors "latch" in position, am I correct in thinking that this type hold the points blades in position after making their throw obviating the need for the point's own spring to hold the blades in place?

If so modifying Q1 can anyone recommend a low profile points motor suitable for surface mounting that latches as above? ... and how much should I expect to pay ... and ... and where can I buy them at a discount?

Reply to
Chris Wilson